Friday, January 27, 2012

How green are you?



I think that environmentally friendly practices are very important because are scarce natural resources in the planet and for that reason, this theme is urgent in society. According this importance, is necessary that  people learn about environmentally practices in all places of his life: in his family, at school, with is friends, in job, etc.
For me, is important  be a person that care for nature and I try to incorporate this practice in my life. For example, I go to supermarket with my own bags for not use a lot of plastic bags, I have a compost in my house and with that, my family use organic garbage to make leaves grounds. Also I disconnected the power chargers for not use extra electric energy.
However, I don`t use a bike or my legs for transport me because the distances that I go around are very big. But I don`t use a car neither because I prefer to use a public transport of city; it`s cheaper and cleaner than a car.
I don`t participate in an eco-organizations because I have a little time in my life. Actually, my student responsibilities consume all my time. Also, in a lot of eco-organizations the most important way to help is across of money donations and I don`t have money for that item.
I would like teach to some persons about the environmentally friendly practices: maybe I could to do a conference about it or some like this. I think that I must recycle in more ways too.
I think that I reduce my carbon footprint not using a personal car or with my others practice mentioned above.
I think that Santiago is a not  green city because is a place full of people and cars. For that reason, there are a lot of pollution. A way to solve pollution problem in city is create more bicycle line because that mean less pollution in the street. Santiago is a city that is built around the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment